Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcome!

Today is my first day blogging, I really don't know why I did it because I'm not much of a writer, my grammar is awful and i've never been much of a speller.  I know there will be people who will try to read this and maybe get annoyed by my writing but this is it.  This is somthing new for me and I'd like to be successful at it especially since I don't really keep to anything I start, so lets see how this goes.  So far so good.

Los & GPee Yankee Stadium
2009
Today I woke up to find out that my favorite Yankee pitcher Andy Pettite is retiring (http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jspymd=20110203&content_id=16562350&vkey=news_nyy&c_id=nyy ), it's only sad because he's a great person and a "MONSTER" on the mound.  He's my 94 year old grandpa's (GPees) favorite player, and his retirement just reminds me that the things that I once knew as a kid are coming to an end.  I was 13 years old watching him play in the 96 World Series, that was 14 years ago! I didn't even have hair under my armpits! Thats a long time, but when I think about my grandfather he was still 80, that makes it seem so much of a shorter time.  Why?  I don't really wanna know the answer to that cause I'm sure it'll make for some psychological answer and make somebody wanna cry.  So today I'll probably just listen to some old school music, wear my favorite t-shirt and sneakers and remember that even though things are changing we still have great memories.  I'm off to watch Andy Petitte's retirement press conference, he still looks like a champ.

1 comment: